Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Today I am grateful for the simple beauty of dew on a leaf. Yes, that's it. A drop of water on a leaf. At first glance, a person might think just that thought...water on a leaf. Oh, but there is so much more to think about! Stop. Breathe. Ponder the miracles which had to happen for that little drop of water to end up there. Now you are catching on. Furthermore, think of the timing in which I was walking through Glacier National Park, at that exact moment, in order to capture this beautiful sight. The best part about this little miracle? I had to stop on the trail, look down, and be still in the moment. The other hikers walked passed me with their bear bells chiming, wondering what in the heck I was doing. My insides smiled, as I snapped away and saw the beauty, but I couldn't help but feel a little sad for those hikers who just passed right on by. They missed the miracle right below them, all to get to the end of the hike! Life is not about the end result, it's about stopping along the way and enjoying life's miracles. They are all around us...we just have to be still and look.

No comments:

Post a Comment