Monday, January 2, 2012

2012!

2012 is here! As we ring in the new year, I am filled with hope like never before. In years past, I often contemplated the new year, as if I was going to make a difference. Then, the year would unfold, and I really didn't feel I made my mark on the world. What would I want people to remember me by, if God forbid, I leave this world before I thought it was my time? Suddenly, New Year's Eve became a daunting evening where I had to decide how I was going to change the world. A feat I was sure to fail at, so I stopped making resolutions, and stopped enjoying what the new year truly meant. This year however, I had an Ah-Ha moment which changed my thinking. Changing the world is not only my job, it's yours too! Yes, you see, this overwhelming task of making a difference in the world, does not solely fall on my shoulders, but rather, collectively, as a society we must be the change we wish to see in the world. Ah, a sigh of relief! WE ARE ALL ONE HEART BEAT! We are connected with the stars, flowers, lakes, rivers, streams, and everything we look at...but best of all, we are connected with each other. The heart's cells are individual cells and only beat in a rhythm when they come in contact with other heart cells. Think about that for a moment. We are all heart cells, walking around, waiting to be put into rhythm with others so we can beat as one. A beautiful thought for this new year, I think. May you find your true heart beat, and may others align with you in your heart song.

No comments:

Post a Comment